Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Have Fallen in Love


Over the weekend some of our group went on an excursion to Transylvania. While away I had an 'aha' moment.
The first week I was here I struggled with whether I was making any difference at all or if it even mattered that I was here. However, having time away to think things over opened my eyes. I have realized how much I already love these children. They have totally wiggled a space into my heart. I know they need us. I know they need love. I know they are alone. They have such sweet spirits. These are some of Gods children. I have been so blessed in my life and I see their current struggles and understand that life will just get harder for them. Most of them will never know what it is like to truly belong to a family.
So even though I like to see instant results and it is hard to work blindly at something every day, I now know I am making a difference. I am one of MANY hands that are molding a better future for these children. I alone may not change the world but I can help by doing my part one piece at a time. Every little act of service is a step! It is a move towards progress and change. These children may not remember me or the roll I played in their lives but I will always remember them and the opportunity they gave me to love selflessly and to grow.

1 comment:

The Anderson Fam said...

I love your post Melissa. Darling pictures. I wish I could have you bring one of those darlings home for me. Becareful. We miss you both terribly.