Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I bake because...well, a boy told me I needed a hobby.


Recently a friend of mine, whom I will refer to as Irish, informed me that I needed to get some hobbies. This came about during one of our lengthy conversations regarding our antisocial tendencies. While we discussed cures for common loneliness he asked me what my hobbies were and that maybe I should get more. I have a good size list of hobbies, some of which being camping, travel, photography, shopping etc. The problem with those particular hobbies is that they are best done in groups. Which brings us back to the entire point of the conversation; hermit like behaviors and lack of friends. He informed me I need hobbies that can be done alone. I informed him that I regularly sing in the shower and while blow-drying my hair. This is something I enjoy doing so surely it must count as a hobby. He wasn't impressed. So now I am subjecting my family, girls I visit teach, and elders quorum presidency to baked goods. I hope they all gain twenty pounds.

4 comments:

Familien Steen said...

what ya bakin? we are great at eating pasteries, bake goods and such----just thought I would let you know!

Melissa said...

Well, I bake cupcakes, pies, cookies, cakes, and various other hight fat foods....

Familien Steen said...

again---like I said we like to eat such items!

Cari said...

i'd just like to add that i have been the recipient of this particular hobbie and it was delicious!